August 13, 2010
Around 20 children aged between 1 and 13 along with their parents joined our explorations on the Golden Hinde yesterday. We kicked off by talking about what the ship was used for and in our minds inverted much of its history. Canons became for shooting sweets, the ship was able to fly (of course) and its purpose was to spread peace and love. Once all this was established (less so for the youngest in our crew) we..
– painted our noses blue and made peace badges
– searched for tiny people lost on the gun deck
– played Sardines and a creeping game
– made tickle swords from balloons
– filled in Journey Journals and made maps of our fictional destinations
– made a giant anchor and chain for the ship.. which later became a very cool hat that ended up on the tube!
All in 90 minutes of Mission:Explorations!